1. disagree with
2. be different from
3. be similar to
4. succeed in doing sth.
5.first of all
6. depend on
7. be willing to do sth.
8. be interested in sth. /doing sth.
9. on the other hand
10. do well to do sth.
1. 主语+find + it + 形容词+to do sth.
Some people who are very intelligent and successful in their fields find it difficult to succeed in language learning. (line2)
They find it easy to practice using the language regularly because they want to learn with it. (line 38)
They find it hard to master a foreign language.
The experts find it difficult to deal with virus.
2. It is + 形容词+for sb. +to do sth.
It is + 形容词比较级+to do sth.+ than + to do sth.
It is necessary for them to learn the language in order to communicate with these people and to learn from them. (Line 36)
It is more important for them to learn to think in the language than to know the meaning of every word. (Line 32)
It is difficult for beginners to learn to think in English.
It is more difficult for beginners to learn to think in English than to speak it.
3 ….shows / showed that 从句
Language learning research shows that successful language learners are similar in many ways. (Line 14)
The research shows that SARS is caused by the corona virus.
4. Language learning is different from other kinds of learning. (Line 6)
5. Instead of waiting for the teacher to explain, they try to find the patterns and rules for themselves. (Line19-20)
6. On the other hand, if your language learning has been less than successful, you might do well to try some of the technique outlined above.
1. be sure of
2. consist of
3. vary from…to
4. be similar to
5. in addition to
6. tend to
1. … spend + (时间、钱等) on sth. 在…上花费时间、钱等
… spend + (时间、钱等) in doing sth. 花费时间、钱等做..
They say that it spends too much on useless and impractical programs. (L35)他们说政府在一些没有用处的、不切实际的项目上花钱太多。
Mother said that he spent too much time (in) watching TV every day.
I spent $5 on these books yesterday.
2. Taxes consist of the money which people pay to support their government. (L5)
3. The percentage varies from person to person. (L11)
4. With the high cost of taxes, people are not very happy on April 15, when the federal taxes are due. (L14)
5. Other states have a sales tax , which is a percentage charged to any item which you buy in that state. (L20)
6. Although Americans have different views on many issues, they tend to agree on one subject: taxes are too high. (最后一行)